Sunday, May 29, 2016

Still Kicking

Ok, Ok I know everyone wants to know what I've been up to??
Covert CAP stuff,?? no, hospitalized?? I wish.
Its called being a father, husband, and grandpa. My 3rd oldest son Scott, still living at home is working at the local market. Kicking ass and taking names. He has gotten $100.00 in bonuses. 2 $25 gift cards to Applebees, and last week our towns power went out and he went back to the store and worked until 1am, helping to move frozen food, fresh meats and dairy to trucks. Our power was out for 20 hours due to equipment failure. He was given a $50 gift card for the store. They know if they need him to work he'll come in no questions asked. This is the same kid who was fired from two other jobs here in town, Mostly B.S. reasons. I think folks thought he was better then them, works his butt off.

My youngest daughter Hannah was JV Girls Hockey manager, while I spent a lot of time driving to another town 15 miles away to the rink, Its a combined 2 school district team. Then no sooner had she finished that she says to me Girls Softball starts next week, Oh crap I mumble. Best part was practice was after school here in town. Early am weight lifting, and student council also. Toss in some away games that didn't get them home until 10 pm. Oh and it was still cold. Nothing like dressing for hockey to watch softball. Best thing is she got get her athletic letter for both, plus she gets add on pins for student council and yearbook.

Being a grandpa to an active 21/2 yr old is also an understatement. my little buddy is now nearly 30lbs talks more every day, loves his Mom, Mamma (gma) Pappa/daddy (me) Auntie, and uncles. He keeps my daughter busy. Almost every time he does something to get back at mom, I have to bite my lip. Karma is also my best friend. His favorite is to pull her long hair. He loves strawberries, and just about everything else. His favorite game is “hide hide” He flips his highchair on its side so we can cover it with a blanket for his fort. Loves being outside when I mow, and has a big wheel bike.

My wife and I have been having a great time being around Sammy. I told her if the other kids marry and have kids they will never be as close to them as we are to Sam. I wouldn't change that for anything.

Oh yea I forgot I'm still in CAP, going almost every week when i'm not waiting for Hannah get back to school.. Still only one car. I was part of the Volleyball Turnny and lock in. 130 kids vs 12 adults up all night. Not sure If I'll do it next year?? maybe, will see, ok don't twist my arm so hard, will see. I completed a course in 3weeks that I had been dragging my feet on finishing since last Aug. Why the rush to finish. I was up for promotion end of April. On May 9th I was promoted to 1LT after only 18 months in. My 2LT promotion was immediately following completion of Level One training. Normally it take 6 months but I was in again so my squadron commander waved the 6 months. Now I have to wait 30 months to get Capt. I have completed Level 1, and Level 2. taken so many quizs I lost count.

I also completed intro communications training, and now taking two incident command training courses with FEMA. I have a refresher course in First Aid/CPR in two weeks plus helping with flightline training so I can become a flightline supervisor. After 25 yrs at the airport on the ramp, I GOT this....Our Squadron's Fly In pancake breakfast fund raiser is last Sunday in June. Can you guess where my time will be??

Ok take a breath, …...I have my Tech Rating in Logistics, tested for my Senior Rating in Logistics, and now working on learning that part. Tested for Tech Rating in Cadet Programs...working with the Cadets. After 1 year I'll get that achievement. Oh and the DOD /Dept.of Air Force nows says we can wear their offical ABU's which means no more woodland camo. But its more work for me as Supply Officer as we are getting surplus ABU's from them which means sorting and sizing. Oh AF says one more thing all the sewn names tapes and such will now be dark navy and silver vs auqamarine and white, So I have to order new blig for 75 folks, some with more then one set of BDU's 

June 15th we can wear the ABU's but we can't order new blig until after June 15th. Thanks DOD. the farmers have been busy planting and now we are getting rain every day, almost 5 inches this week, Cutting the grass is almost 2 times a week.

Well did I forget anything?? Oh Yea,,I”M RETIRED..ha yeah right.

Stay Safe this weekend,

.

5 comments:

PioneerPreppy said...

Glad to see you're still alive and active. Always nice to take a break and I know the high school extra activities burn through the time. I figured you'd be back around some time when ya could.

Vicki said...

My gosh, but you have been busy. I get tired just reading about all you have been doing. Glad you are back. You have been missed.

Jacked Up Glock Mom said...

Hey Rob..... I have missed ya too. And I thought we had been busy. glad to see you are still around, and doing so well..

much love to you guys

Rob said...

Thanks everyone, while school is done this week, next year will be my youngest daughter's senior year of high school. She is the last one in school. So I expect to be even busier. CAP is taking up more time too.

I am trying to post every other day, in advance in case I get swamped and short of time. I didn't realize I wasn't posting until about two weeks ago. Sad...

Harry Flashman said...

I sometimes think I stay busier retired than when I worked. But I am much happier now, no doubt of that. Sounds like you need to pick up a generator. That's a long time without power.