Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Vent Posting

I'm taking a self imposed vacation for CAP. until July 11th. I didn't take part in a big activity this past weekend, or the change of staff meeting last night. I tossed my name in for a Deputy Command position, that I knew I could handle, and it was given to another member who has done nothing to advance herself since she joined.

We have a new Squadron Commander who I don't think too highly of right now, as do some others. Too much dirty laundry to air. I have openly voiced my option on a forum, and was met with rudeness by my direct supervisor. I even have started think of him as a "YES" man. I'll blow off some steam, and move on. (I didn't even name names or squadron and he knew it was me). I could pull some strings and try for Wing Staff or Region, but I will stay in the Squadron, watching and waiting to move up.

The weather has been great here, cool dew points since last week when we had a temp of 108. Thank you Mr. Carrier for inventing A/C.

Stay Safe All.

2 comments:

Harry Flashman said...

When CAP didn't suit my purposes anymore, I quit. If it's starting to be a downer, just bag it. There are lots of other things to do.

Rob said...

I know Harry. I've worked hard to get to 1LT in under two years. Its just the politics of CAP. Im not in CAP for myself , I joined to help the cadets. I'm a victim of my success in Supply, no one wants the job, and I'm good at it. They need me more in supply. Anyway that's the load of crap they keep telling me..LOL