Wednesday, August 24, 2016

My Tuesday Night

Sitting at home last night after dinner, listening to my music. Sam was playing with his toys. everyone one else is just relaxing. My cell phone rings. It Hannah's phone but its not her its a school staff member. Hannah was taking part in a Leadership Academy meetings that school started, to teach high school seniors how to work together and become role models.

Hannah fell on the floor at school and hit her elbow hard on the floor. Deb and I jump in the car and go over to the high school to pick Hannah up. As she walks out to the car, she is holding her left arm. I know a trip to the ER is my next move. Long story short. She dislocated her elbow. They give her an IV for pain meds, and knock her out to pop her elbow back into place. We finally got home around one AM.

Her arm is in a splint and sling. She is out of work for a few weeks and more then likely will still be in the sling when school starts. in two weeks.

This is Hannah before they reset her elbow















So we now will that her to see an Orthopedic Dr on Firday as she also has a crack in a bone in her elbow. Once your a parent, you worry about all your children no matter how old they are. I think at this point in my life I should just shave my head bald, less hair to pull and no gray hairs of experience either.

Stay Safe My Friends. It was a long night, and my stress level is still coming down. I have no engery right now.

.

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Poor Hannah. And poor Mom and Dad. It is so hard when your kid is hurting, no matter how old they are. You just want to take the pain away and you can't. Hope everyone is feeling better very soon.

Rob said...

Thanks Vicki, She is better today and at school for a weekly student council meeting.

Rev. Paul said...

Hang in there, Brother. As the kids get older, you still worry ... just about different things than before.

PioneerPreppy said...

Here's to a swift recovery...

Rob said...

Thanks Padre, My kids are 29/27/24/22/18 I worry all the time 3 of the 5 still live at home, plus the grandson. My grandma always worried about all of us. Must be the Irish blood.

Rob said...

Thanks PP, it slowed her down a little, but she was back at school 2x today for meetings. She's like her Dad, stubborn.

harp1034 said...

If she is back at school already then she will be OK. Just a bit limited for a while. Could have been worse.

kymber said...

Rob, buddy - i can only imagine how worried you and your wife wer. but Hannah seems to be bouncing back quickly. tell her she has our best wishes for a fast heal-up!

sending love to you and yours! your friend,
kymber

Rob said...

Thanks kymber. Just another day of life in a small town. :)