Friday, March 17, 2017

Back Up Plan "D or E"

Yeah, we have gone on to plan "D or E" or maybe even "F". Needless to say my stress level is elevated. The phone rings this morning, its a guy from the truck rental place,
"Can you come down this morning and get the truck earlier then the 3 pm appointment time???" A let me see.."NO". I know I can't get a hold of my son, to make this guys day go by better.

I'm laying on the couch trying to relax, I can feel the knot in my stomach getting tighter, stress level high. Have not sent my son money yet to get the truck...Blood pressure up.
My son wants to get the truck at 3pm so he can load all his stuff at his place and storage. Load it lock it up. Say good bye to some more friends tonight. Get up in the morning, get his last minute stuff loaded, his dog and head out for MN.

I feel like someone has taken my insides out played what ever game with it, football, baseball etc, and just poured it back down my throat. Oh and we are finalizing paperwork with my FIL estate...NO STRESS between my wife and I. I eat, but not really wanting too. My blood sugar is right at the level it should be, well almost. I lost my mind and had a bowl of frosted flakes before bed last night. My BG reading was 254. That's right stupid have sugar before bed.

I took my pills and gave my self a shot like I do every morning, then tonight before dinner, its pills and shot. Oh did I tell you my stress level is up???

Well, I'm going to rest a bit before more family actives take over my life again this afternoon....

Stay Safe............Rob

P.S....I wired my son the money he needed. Stress level down some, but it will stay up until my son is here..


.

11 comments:

Mike Yukon said...

You need to relax, be happy and have a home brew and not frosted flakes! :-) One of the plans is coming together and in a few days your son will be up there.

hobo said...

Like Mike said... relax, Dad. Soon the wait will be over and you're son will be back with family. Don't want him to come home to visit you in the hospital. Just a couple more days.... now, go do something productive!

Praying for a safe journey (and for you to relax!) ;^)

Rob said...

relax?? Mike your so funny...Seriously worry is in my DNA. LOL. Its all good, Its the hick ups that drive you crazy. I'm on pills for that too. My son has struggled for the last fours years that he has been on his own. But things are coming together...

Rob said...

Hobo, like my wife says to me, "All talk and no action" I know things will work out much better when he is back in MN. Florida is a great place to visit, but not such a great place to live. As I write this he should be getting the truck, and soon will be on his way....sometime this afternoon..

kymber said...

Rob - make sure to let us know when Jordan gets home....and buddy, i know it's easy to say but very hard to do - but try and give yourself a bit of a break when your son gets home. i don't like for you to be all stressed!

sending much love as always! your friend,
kymber

Rob said...

My stress level is coming down. He was finally able to pick up the truck 24 hrs later then planned, which means he will now leave early on Sunday,(tomorrow) vs leaving today. Part of the problem has been at the mercy of others for rides to get around...I will feel better in a few hours, things are coming together.

Anonymous said...

I would suffocate in a family like yours. How can you accept that your children are not living their own life. They are not your property. Independance is important to learn where your limits are and how to manage your life by your own. It means to get adult.Children are not born to live with their parents and it's not normal to stress like you do, just means you're not confident and have no real trust in your children. Sorry to say all that, but for me educating children means to make them strong for life and not to make them cling to mum and dad.
Regards Linda

kymber said...

oh dear me Rob - it's a troll but at least it has a name....and if it has children - they probably don't talk to her, don't visit, don't help her out and don't call. ignore this troll.

Anonymous said...

I would suffocate in a family like yours. How can you accept that your children are not living their own life. They are not your property. Independance is important to learn where your limits are and how to manage your life by your own. It means to get adult.Children are not born to live with their parents and it's not normal to stress like you do, just means you're not confident and have no real trust in your children. Sorry to say all that, but for me educating children means to make them strong for life and not to make them cling to mum and dad.
Regards Linda

Anonymous said...

Oh Miss Kymber I'm not a troll. How strange that for you all, one cannot have an opposite opinion to yours. You seem.not to have children.
Linda

Rob said...

Linda see my next post tomorrow.