Saturday, September 23, 2017

Stressful Week.....

That is an understatement. Last Saturday one of the kids from DC High School, ate a cookie somewhere, and it sent him into a allergenic reaction. He ate a cookie with peanut butter or peanuts in it. He was rushed to Minneapolis Children's Hospital into ICU. Our town was in shock. The school had a prayer service for him at the high school football field. Over 300 folks showed up.

The Drs ran tests and did all they could do. We all prayed. They did an MRI and the results didn't look good. Friday at 2 pm, Jacob passed away. a sophomore in high school. School has only been back for 2 21/2 weeks. My youngest didn't know him, but knew of him, and saw him aroud school last year. It has hit me hard, because all the kid did was eat food and he died. I thank god every day that my 5 adults kids are in good health. I worry about sam my grandson. We have had bees in the yard and we have kept him outside for a short time.

When it was announced that Jacob was gone. The whole school was quite, if fact they cut school early by 20 min or so, on Friday. So many kids wanted to go see Jacob and say good bye the School sent one or more buses to the hospital to see him. One girl we know waited 5 hours to say good bye. That was mid week.

So while so many folks cry and whine over Trump, and a long list of other issues. Nothing is more tragic then the loss of life of a child. I feel sorry for those who lost everything during the storms down south, and in Mexico, with the earth quakes. If you have your lives and those of family. Be thankful for that.

I was reading about Puerto Rico, and the fact they have no power, no fresh water, etc. You live on an island, you get these kid of storms, but you are not ready. Your elected officials are to blame, no you are to blame as you voted them into office.


Well my friends I will close this post. Stay Safe, and remember the nuts we have running around the world trying to kill us for just about any reason they see fit.

Rob

PS please hug your loves one a little longer and more often.

7 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Perilous times, indeed. Stay safe down there, Rob.

Vicki said...

How incredibly sad, the loss of a child. My heart goes out to the friends and family. As Rev. Paul pointed out, we do live in perilous times.

Rob said...

Thank you both. Its been hard on the high school kids that's for sure. I forgot to post he played football also

Harry Flashman said...

I'm with you on Puerto Rico. I heard five people died in the storm down there. Also about 20 Puerto Ricans.

My daughter has allergies , she can't eat in restaurants or even cook in anything that's had peanuts in it.

Rob said...

P.R. is all messed up, with $72 Billion in Debt, and now all of this

Gorges Smythe said...

More and more, I read that many such allergies are caused by vaccinations and food additives. I never heard of kids dying of food allergies when I was a kid.

Rob said...

Im not sure what causes it. There has been a strong out pouring of support for his family. Over 300 kids attended his funeral.