Monday, December 18, 2017

Winter Weather...Preps...

I am amazed the number of fools who don't bundle up yet. Our temps have not been very cold Yet. I still see folks getting out of cars with no coats, no sweaters, shorts, just plain stupid. I have a coat on plus a hooded sweat shirt. Our temps are going to dive in the week. We are talking over night temps below zero.

Every time we have a dusting of snow, its demo derby time. I reminded my children, even through they are adults to keep your gas tank full to 1/2 full for the rest of winter. And please add gasline antifreeze..aka HEET. Why?? because any amount of water in the tank will freeze. Keep you oil changed, like clock work. Clean oil will stay free of dirt build up.

If we intend to do more then local driving, bring jackets for all. Extra blankets, cell chargers, and battery packs. I pick up a couple for Walmart for $10.00 each. I can charge my phone twice off a full charge. 2 packs four charges. Ice scrapper, windshield washer fluid with dicing additive. And don't forget dry socks, and another pain of shoes or boots. snacks to eat encase you get stuck.

Being that I am in CAP I have a small back pack and a small duffle bag, I can add supplies, flash lights, paracord, etc. In CAP we have to have 24 hr packs and 72 hr packs incase we have search missions  I can grab a bag and not even think of what I would need.

We have a storm coming in by mid week. They say that it hard to pin snow total amounts. That meens we either get nothing or we get dumped on. Wait and see.

Stay Warm and Safe My Friends.

Rob

.

No comments: