Thursday, February 15, 2018

Medical Coverage Rollercoaster.

I pay a premium every month out of my disability payment. I thought it was covering an HMO premium. No, My HMO coverage was canceled by the county/state last May 2017. My premium covers Medicare Part A&B.
I have Part D for my meds, which I think its covered with the same payment.

I find out any hearing checks, dental or vision care is not covered at all. I either pay more per month, do without or pay all of it out of pocket. Well yes, I need my eyes checked, and etc. But by being on a fixed income, I will not pay out extra monies. After I pay our rent/water sewer/trash every month I have around $400 a month for power, and gas service. Plus any food or gas for our car. We do get SNAP (food stamps) which helps. Out of that $400. I still have to pay copays for my medication each month.

While I'm not happy, I know we could be worse off. We have a home, to live in etc. Not homeless, not starving either. We will make do. God spoke to me on where to live since we moved back from Florida. I listened and while our place is a mobile home, it is home. God will direct us as we age, and provide us with what we need in life.

Rain/snow for early next week. Wait and see what falls to the ground.

Stay Safe everyone........Rob

.

4 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I know what you mean. My wife and I draw $12 a month too much to get ANY kind of help, except Part A. Since we like to eat every day, we can't afford Part B.

Rob said...

Gorges, I had good coverage through the state, but I let it lapse last May. The state paid my premiums. I have to reapply for the medical savings plan again so they will cover the costs. It has not been a high priority as i have one of my kids still living at home so he pays for things for us. He pays our cable/internet. When he moves out, I can pay for internet but not cable too.

Gary in Bama said...

Rob shop around our provider got us full coverage no co pays and our Medicare premium payed by Medicaid elderly low income program .ATT has a 10$ internet program for snap recipients plus I got an Obama phone that is nice. As far as cable its a luxury except to my wife :)

Rob said...

Gary, Thanks for stopping by. I mailed in my paperwork to the state today. Hopefully I can start getting more money back in my pocket every month. I need the breathing room. Our internet choices are limited because of our rural setting. Phone company, really slow, Cable which is really good. Dish TV, or satellite internet. Our cell service is good and strong. We don't have home phone. Being in CAP I need to be reached for search missions.