Sunday, May 27, 2018

Snow?? What Snow??

Well its gone, and the heat is on. Near 100 for the next couple of days. We have had storms pop up over us, and as its moved eat they have become stronger. No damage that I know of. Still no garden. May pass this year. Late to no spring, and lack of money killed it for this year.

Gas prices are crazy, just short of $3.00 a gal. My copays on my meds went up. $3.35 per drug. My insulin is $8.35. still trying to get help paying my insurance premiums. That is !135.00 a moth. State dropped me last year. Its been a battle to get it back. I applied online and was declined. Reapplied again on paper in Feb. Still know word. several calls to the county has gotten me no place. Last phone message I told them fix this or I will stop my Medicare, wait two moths and apply for Medicaid. My wife has that no premiums or co pays. I have more meds then her.

I'm also trying to find out how close I am to paying off our house. That's $175.00 a month. Between that money and the Insurance, I'd have an extra $300.00 a month. Not a lot, but when your on a fixed income that is gold too me.

Picked up a large envelope yesterday in the mail. Time to be re evaluated by S.S. for my disability. No sweat?? Right?? Then why am I stressed out. My depression is kicking in, as is my anxiety. Blood pressure is up too. So my mind is playing what will you do if?? My body aches all the time. I can't stand more then 5 min or I get shooting pains in my back. My foot pain seems to be getting worse as I get older. Still don't want any pain meds. I don't want to get hooked on them, But some day soon, I may not have a choice. Next winter I may have to start using a cane during the winter. Just going from the car to the house or storm takes me a few minutes just to get every body part in sink.

Stay safe everyone. Enjoy the Hoilday. Remember friends and family who are no longer with us,

Rob

.

8 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Gas is $3.26/gallon locally, and MUCH higher (like $5.50 to over $7/gal in the villages) off of the road system.

Gorges Smythe said...

I didn't know they re-evaluate you for disability. I've been on it two years now: I wonder how long until they pester me? We draw $12 a month too much for me to get Medicaid and I can't afford Medicare Plan B, so I've decided if things get too expensive, I'l just die. That's what they want anyway.

Mike Yukon said...

Hope you get all your money issues under control soon. Otherwise it's a stressful way to live.

Rob said...

$2.79 here, it takes 6 weeks for any price drop in oil to reach the pump...

Rob said...

It went on disability back in 2012. i get forms every now and then, but this is signing medical releases. I guess time limit is up. Still my stress is up.

Rob said...

The state/county is out of my control. But with prices raising its tight. We do get help with food. I don't like it, but I paid my share in taxes. My boys are living with us and help a ton. My staying in CAP all depends on money. Not the yearly membership cost, but the cost of fuel every week. I know things will work out, but its out of my control, but I leave it it Gods hands.

chloe said...

God will sent you money and food etc. What a bullshit. The US society is a loser society and with the asshole Trump it will be worse.

Flying Tigers Flight Civil Air Patrol said...

chloe, Thanks for stopping by.