Thursday, September 6, 2018

Its Closer Then You Think....

I'm talking fall. It been cooler the last two days. 42 right now at 6 40 am. gone is the humidity. I'm sure it may return, but not as bad as it was this summer. Got caught up on yard work yesterday. Walked through a puddle of water and mud I didn't see while using the mower. Have you ever seen a 300 lb man dance to keep from falling in mud.?? Go ahead think about it. Now go ahead and laugh I'll wait....We had heavy rain Tuesday. But it just did.'t seem like it was rain water. Just happens to be the spot that we connect to the waterline.

Pulled back the shirting on the bottom of the house. Standing water...OK...Pulled back more running water. That's not good at all. Called the caretaker, she sent her husband down to look at it. He has no tools with so he has to run and get some. Long story short a small O ring failed. he replaced that but their is a larger one that he has to replaced. To do that he has to shut off all the water to every home. The best thing out of the whole deal is that the leak is before the water meter. That is water the park has to pay for.

While sitting outside thinking about what lies ahead, I should only have to cut the grass no more then 3 more times before it time to store the mower, and dig out the fluffy removing equipment. Everyone is now back in school. Now when you go shopping its a lot quieter. Why?? Because now mommy doesn't have to drag all the kids with.

Youngest daughter starts a new job today at the same Best Buy my youngest son works at. Hannah grew tired of what we called Bullseye Bullshirt. Target is running short staffed, and as more co workers had enough they quit, and Target didn't replace them. So we all know what that means...You do the work of more people. Then her leads would get mad when she didn't finish all the added work.

I worked at Target down in Fla, Same bullshit They over hired when the store opened and after the first year they ran short staffed. My co workers got mad when hours were cut. I told some folks look the faster we get the job done, the lower the labor costs The bigger the profit of the store, the bigger the bonus the manager gets.

I asked a manger that before I quit Target. No reply , but the deer in the headlights look confirmed it.
Oh how did I know that. well lets just say when your best friend Dad is a COO of a company you talk. about things like that. When he owns his own business you talk even more. Hey but what do I know, I'm just some Joe Monkey hired to move boxes and stock the shelves.

Well friends it time for more coffee, and to finish my shopping list. Today is the day we try to get a months worth of food in the house....Keep prepping

Rob

.

3 comments:

Peteforester said...

I have a son who works at Smart & Final. They do the same ...shirt... there... Meanwhile, half the customers that come into the place pay with EBT...

Gorges Smythe said...

Same at Walmart. I may tell a story about the situation later today; you might want to check by.

Rob said...

Please forgive my spelling errors I was typing fast and did not proof read beofre I posted