Saturday, June 22, 2019

Stress Level Dropping

Yes my friends my stress level is dropping. All our car problems solved.?? Nope. Not much has changed around the house. Have I had an increase in my anti depression meds??, nope. Well I'm taking them more regularly. 

The wife stress level has gone down..A LOT... so if mamma is happy, the whole family is better off.
My wife did a DNA test and with some help in tracking, was able to find the rest of her family. See she was adopted. Only had a little information. Anyway with out filling volumes of pages listing everyone. We had her sister and husband come to MN for a visit. As I type this her sister is returning to Norway. My wife had been on edge for many months, about meeting her.

It was nice to meet her, and find out about the rest of the Norwegian family, plus some cousins living here in MN. Bottom line my wife now has 4 brothers from her adopted family living here,(US) plus a brother living in Oklahoma she found years ago. She has an older Norwegian brother, 2 younger sisters and 3 more brothers in Norway. two of her brothers have passed away. She found out her birth mom passed in 2013. So my wife will have to wait until they meet in haven to have a reunion.   Math total she is #6 out of 12 or 13. Not all blood. Her birth mom had 8 with 3 other birth fathers. I guess.

Turns out her cousin living here and I worked for the same airline. She remembers me I guess. Small world. My dad worked for same company.

The weather is turning very warm next week, so the project tomorrow is to get our A/C units cleaned, power washed, and installed. Looks like summer is in full swing. Crops are growing nicely, fields of hay have been cut, dried and bailed.

Well thats it for now. I have been trying to get caught up on reading blogs and such.

Stay Safe Folks the cry babies are crying a little harder, but just wait until next November after the election. The next Great American Civil War will surely start.

Rob

4 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I doubt if the have either the courage or the marksmanship, Rob! - lol - Glad your wife had some success at her efforts.

Extexanwannabe said...

I found it interesting about your wife being of Norwegian descent...as I am as well. My father's family was from a tiny town in SE North Dakota, and spoke only Norwegian when he started school.
He made two trips to Norway; one in '83, the other in 2000.
Our family hails from a town of the same name as ours; one of the many Sognefjords.

Rob said...

I took a DNA test too. Motivated by her results. My results was basically a flop. I think I did a post. Maybe I will do another

Rob said...

Norwegian is very strong in the bloodline on both sides on our families. She was told birth father here in the US was French. Zero French off DNA test. Her mother came to the US with another family member But returned in 1963 to Norway. Her adopted family was Swedish and another that escapes my mind right now., mine was Irish, Norwegian, Swedish, but also Germanic mix