Thursday, July 18, 2019

Priorities

Priorities. That is the number one goal in life. Your priorities in life set you apart from others. I recently meet a gal who is having some issues in life. I can relate. She is battling with her ex husband about custody of a couple of their kids. She wanted to sell her car to pay for lawyer. Ok I understand a priority. Then a few days ago she is talking about going to a concert to see some band, and wanted to find someone to go with her.

But wait now I'm confused. That money you are spending you could use for the lawyer..I'm I right. ??
I have seen so many parents or parent act like this. One couple had their kids stay with other family members as they wanted to go on vacation without them. Why have kids if you don't include them in your plans.?? Priorities. My wife and I will have been married 33 years next month. Our children became our #1 concern. Food for them before us, clothes for them before us. We don't go out to dinner just the 2 of us. We always include the kids. My wife says from time to time, just you and I go out for dinner..Ok I say, but I know it will include the kids.

Politicians are the same...They claim this that and everything else. But once elected their priorities change. Long term survival is the same. Do we need a $100,000 dollar bunker?? no. I would use that money for land and supplies. Each and every decision we make is based on one thing..Priorities 
My priorities in CAP are to help shape the young minds of our cadets, to make the right choices in life. We get parents that come back to us after a year and say, Wow CAP has changed the way they act at home, with family , & friends.  That is better to me then any plaque or rank given to me.

I know ours. Do you know what yours are???

Humid here the last week. Looks like more of the same. My priority stay indoors and cool

Stay Safe all.........ROB

6 comments:

Jess said...

My priorities are different from many people I talk to. That's understandable, but some abuse the kindness of others - especially parents - by poor-mouthing about covering expenses, and then taking out notes on what are basically toys, or frivolous wants.

I lose compassion with those type of people. They refuse to accept that even though life is to be lived, spending important money to have fun, instead of saving for necessities, leaves no cushion for important unexpected expenses.

Gorges Smythe said...

Some folks never grow up and then wonder what's wrong with their kids.

Rob said...

I worked with several different people who had to have all the toys. Truck, boat, 4 wheeler s etc. Then you have the folkjs who buy name brand clothes and go to the second hand store for the kids, if not name brand for the kids too.

Rob said...

I call it the give me sickness. They want it all now, then panic with things go down hill. Too many eggs in one basket

Tewshooz said...

Parents need a night out by themselves, now and then. Even just dinner at a nice restaurant.

Rob said...

I have no issue with dinner out. Its the ones who go out of town for a week or more. The couple I knew went on a two week cruise.