Thursday, August 15, 2019

Family Tree Wife's Side

Still processing in my head more information we found out about my wife family or extended family. Brief recap, She was adopted and had little to no information on birth family, She had done some research on her own found 2 older brothers. one in Norway, one living in Oklahoma. We meet the brother herein the US several times. Just again this summer in fact.

With a lot of help from a gal that loves to do research, plus a DNA trest, my wife has connected with her younger siblings in Norway. Yes Norway. Her mom gave up her brother and her moved back home to Norway. The surprise was that only one or two people knew about my wife and her brother. seems her mom never told any of the other kids about the US babies. We got to visit the oldest younger sister and husband this past June. Seems after her mom returned to Norway she settled down and had 5 more kids. two brothers have passed away. She has two sisters and another brother. Real nice folks. We have connected with a niece and nephew. Plus a uncle that was her moms brother. Plus a cousin who lives here and her family. Oh Deb's birth mother passed a few years ago in her 70's

So to recap there is Par, Ed, Deb, (my wife) Anita, Lita, and 3 brothers I don't remember their names Ed and Deb where born here in the US.
Wednesday my wife gets a phone call from her friend "Are you sitting down"" Yep she found the birth father. He passed away in 2013. Has two girls. Not sure if we will connect or not. Talked with an aunt here in Mn, and a cousin. At some point we will connect by seeing them.

I was so motivated by all this that IO too took and DNA test, last fall. mostly to get heritage information. My mom married young and divorced. I found out i'm Swedish and Irish, which I knew but not so much Norwegian as I thought only 6%. but 16% Germanic. Didn't know at all. I have a match of family from my birth father side, but no desire to connect nor they any reason to find me. Tried to connect with a uncle, but that got no place. He knows who I am now, but he has issues of his own. Seems to be a child of an affair. Seems my granddad on the dark side had an affair and had several kids with wife and mistress, who was way younger then him..My birth father had me remarried and had two more kids. No out reach from them. 

I wanted to find out more about my Grandma and grandpa on my moms side more then anything.
Stalled on finding info on grandpas dad, know grandpa mom maiden name Some information on my grandma side. Irish via Kentucky to MN. Bottom line, Happy for my wife, confused with her birth father relationship with birth mother.. His family came to the hospital to visit my wife after birth. So they knew about her and her brother. Family of birth father had been asking him about finding Deb and Ed, but always seemed to put it off.

So you win some lose some and some don't care. I reconnected with my birth father after I had my oldest son, after two meetings with him, that was enough for me. Have not seen him since then. I could say more bad things about people but not really my style. Whats done is done.

Stay Safe Everyone

Rob


2 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow! You have been busy. You have done a remarkable job in finding out so much about your wife's family. Often times when families are split it is close to impossible to discover any information at all, but you have even been able to meet some of them. I am impressed - really.

Rob said...

I know right. This friend of my wifes is very good at doing research. In looking back I should have sat down with my Grandma Peterson, moms side and had her write down everyone she could remember and grave sites. When your young you don't think like that.