Sunday, November 10, 2019

I'm Confused

We just had some folks knock on our door asking if anyone in the house spoke Spanish..Sorry we all speaking English here. "Oh we know some of your neighbors speak Spanish" Sorry we all speak English here. They are looking for people to attend their Spanish speaking church. The U.S. Flag on the deck didn't give you a clue.

We have lived in our home going on 6 years now. Let me see folks on corner English, next door both, English, Spanish, us English, other side Asian, end home English. Across the street corner English, other corner English.  Rest of the neighborhood?? I don't care.

Did I tell you some months ago we had the Wright County Sheriff Dept. show up at our door looking for a Spanish person. I was at CAP that night. My wife had to show her ID with our address on it. (They had a warrant for someones arrest.) This is why we live in rural MN. so we don't get asked these questions. It even happened when we lived in Orlando/Kissimmee. Sheriff showed up with at lest 4 deputies, and an arrest warrant. I opened our door. Deputy says oh sorry sir, this is the wrong house. I'm thinking...I guess your right.

I think I need to install large sign saying we are "Americans of Northern European descent."  with the flags of Ireland, Norway, Sweden and Germany.    

Its trying to become winter here, with that white stuff. Temps are going to get to record lows in a few days

Stay Warm all....Rob

 

2 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Unfortunately, cops train more at kicking people's doors in than double-checking addresses. Just look at all the people that have been murdered in their homes by police at the wrong address.

Rob said...

My wife was so shaken up, she thought they had a search warrant. My oldest son was not home asked how many deputy's there was...I think just one. He told her if it was a search warrant all hell would have rained down. He said i'm sure that there was one or two by the back door. took my wife sometime to settle down.