Saturday, February 7, 2015

Time To Think Of Spring

As you can see I changed my cover photo to a flying drake duck. I think its time to think of spring and what lies ahead as far as planting, and all the yard worked needed. Last year we didn't plant a garden as I wanted to see what areas had the most sun. If anyone remembers we have a shed in the back yard that gets plenty of sun on the south side, north side is shade all day, with the east side getting only morning sun. I don't want to plant anything on the west side as that is the opening to the shed and I worry about trampling. Sorry I can't find my photos of the shed.

I know we are going to plant tomatoes for sure. Not sure about potatoes. I know many folks use tires, I'm not sure the property manger will allow stacks of tires. Still looking at what veggies, herbs, etc. I'm not to worried about animals, but there is a two legged idiot who may be dumb enough to walk all over it. We have a kid a couple of doors down who lets say is a small fry short in his happy meal, and maybe an empty box. Enough said. He stands outside and stares at anyone with that deer in the headlight look all the time.

Our weather this winter has been nothing like the last two. When we received our first snow six weeks early I thought that the ice age had returned. They say we are a foot behind of the year. But March is our snowiest month of the spring. then we still have spring rains.

Now an update on my bank disaster. My bank has been of no help what so ever. I tried to talk with DirecTV, but they need information I don't have, like their account number. I don't have an account with them so how can I give them that number. I contacted Suntrust (had them in Fla) and they are more then happy to get my business back, and I used a Wells Fargo ATM (before the withdrawal I'm fighting) and I received a slip that said if I switched to their bank, they would give me a $100.00. Just as soon as this money is back in my account, I'm switching banks.

Once again I forgot to hit publish last night. Stay Vigilant...........Rob

 .





5 comments:

PioneerPreppy said...

A flying Drake Mallard to be exact.

So direct TV just charged your card for no reason and no account already in play?

Rob said...

sad right. The bank cancelled my debt card, an issued me a new one. They (DirecTV) don't care if you owe them money or not, somehow they got my account number and it was charge $117.00 or basically that is what remained in my account. I am just grateful my rent/utilities went through well before, or who knows how much more they could have taken. I pay my house & lot rent online, plus water/sewer & cell online too. That is all changing next month. I will now get money orders at the P.O. In a nut shell I was hacked. remember my blog was hacked last fall.

hobo said...

Try container gardening. Go to freecycle.org and search for your location, then search for free gardening pots or even those plastic storage bins. Pallets, too. You can grow lettuces and even beans in them. Craigslist is another good place to find pots/bins and even compost. But you can grow a lot of stuff in containers and that will keep wanderers off your garden plot. If the pots are dark colored a coat of white paint will lessen the heat absorption of the pot. For potatoes you can grow them on top of the ground on a layer of compost/soil and cover with a nice thick layer of straw. They won't be as big but you'll still get potatoes. Oh, and if you want to do tires, paint them a nice color.... don't think the park would notice they were tires. :-)

Jacked Up Glock Mom said...

are you a veteran? or a child of a veteran? if so You can use USAA. They are awesome.

I said to Senior yesterday that I need to get my seeds started, going to do beans, okra, and whatever else I can find to plant...ha ha

Rob said...

My step Dad was USAF, being in CAP we can get some extended benefits for being associated. Civil Air Patrol is the Official Auxiliary of the USAF as mandated by Congressional oder way back in 1947 IIRC when Army Air Forces switched to US Air force.

I would love to go hog wild, but we have a new property manager last fall. He walked around giving folks notices on how their lots looked. He cited us for not trimming around our place, this was so late in the fall I mowed one last time and it looked much better. I don't want to rock the boat, I don't feel like having to move again. It was hard to find a place that takes 6 1/2 people. Youngest is settled in school and has become popular with her class mates. Second oldest son has a job at the cannery that he likes and they are combining 2 shifts (days& nights) into a single day shift. Rumor has it at lest 10 people have given notice as they can't work a day shift. I told my son that I believe they are combining shifts as they are having a hard time finding workers. Plus the company has new owners.