Sunday, March 29, 2015

I've Been Busy

Sorry for the odd posts this past week, I have been as busy as Pioneer Preppy"s Bee's. I have had to take 4 tests for CAP Emergency Services section of the program. MN Wing has an Emergency Services Training Academy coming up in a couple of weeks. My son and I will be gone for 3 days, visiting another squadron. This is when they turn us boys into men as far as ES goes. We should get signed off on manythings

You think that this is long National has a ES Training Academy this summer that will last two weeks. Our Wing and ND will be having a evaluation being down with our big brother in Blue. During this event brother blue will pick up the phone to any squadron in wing as say launch your alert aircraft and see how we react.They can do this once or every day for a week..

We have no meeting this week as its 5th Monday, or as we call it Blue Moon Monday. The kids are going to go play Lazar Tag. no I will not be going can you see this old man trying to chase a bunch of teens around in the dark....No Thank You. Every time we have a 5th Monday we stand down from training and classroom work so the cadets can meet and have fun. Plus it builds camaraderie with in the ranks. I stay in contact with kids from way back in the day, 1980's. So many stay in touch with each other, same goes from my classmates from, ROTC in high school.

Well its also that time of the year where we can order canned goods from the cannery. My son who works there and my wife say oh we just need a few items.....WRONG ANSWER. I want to get at lest the max amount that you can buy. IIRC its around 30 cases. I want to stay ahead of the curve.  I need to adjust my buying of other bulk items, flour, sugar, coffee etc.

Well my friends I will close for now. I have other testing I need to start on, its a basic officers course, that covers 3 sections and we have 90 days to finish once we start. I keep putting it off. Once I finish this testing and complete squadron leadership school and put my time in grade I can get promoted to 1LT. Then of course more testing, schooling and waiting until I can get Capt. So far I have taken in the neighborhood of 23 tests and passed ofsfar. Who says when you done with school, you stop learning. Too bad none of this counts towards to degree in the real world.....

Have a great week.......Saty Safe and Remain Vigilant.........Rob

8 comments:

Vicki said...

Wow!! You have been busy, my friend. It is good that you keep on learning. I figure that the time I stop learning is the time my mind turns to mush.

I'm beginning to think that a person can never have "too many" preps. Somebody asked me once what I was going to do with all of the food if there were no disaster. I replied that I would probably eat it. :)
It will never go to waste. Especially when you have a family to feed.

Rob said...

Why do they call it retirement when you stop working?? I'm just as busy now if not more. As far as preps us smart folks will always be ahead of most folks while some like kymber&jam, and harry too are way ahead of us. but I consider them to be Jedi Masters to us Padawan's . Keep ahead is the game. Now that we stock up, it has saved us trips to the store, unless I get caught unaware of usage. which has happened.

kymber said...

Rob - you HAVE been busy!!! and even though all of this training, testing, studying and learning isn't towards a degree in the real world (and most of the degrees in the real world are just a bunch of junk anyway!) - by doing all of this you are keeping your mind flexible and working and if you can pass all of those tests that you've passed so far - there probably isn't a test in the world that you couldn't study for and pass! i have to tell you that i am pretty impressed with how much training and studying and testing you've been doing. but it is obviously something you really enjoy and we need CAPs.

i'm glad to hear that you are still stocking up and staying ahead of the game - that's great news! but i am jealous as oh heck that you guys can buy by the caseload like that! but i guess that's part of the perks for working at the cannery!

sending much love to you and all of yours! your friend,
kymber

PioneerPreppy said...

Nice to stay busy doing something you like. So what type of alert aircraft do you launch?

Rob said...

Sounds impressive right?? We are part of the low and slow air force, Cessna 182T's single engine. Some folks own their planes with no markings as far as CAP goes.

Rob said...

Plus it keeps me from driving my family insane..LOL, keeps me out of the bars, the strip joints that most dirty old man go to. Should I stop some you can wipe the tears from your eyes??? I know you laughing so hard right now your crying,. big shit eating grin. Do you know how hard it is to keep my sarcasm in check.??? when I'm at the meetings. I should get a Phd just for that alone. I hear Air Canada had an issue last night in your neck of the woods. You and jam out in the hot tub and the pilots got distracted?? Glad all are safe. hugs to you both.

Harry Flashman said...

Good luck with your CAP endeavors , Rob. It's a good outfit.

Rob said...

Harry I know, that is why I returned.