Sunday, March 1, 2015

Still Fighting The Fight

Oh I'm still here, fighting the fight as we all do daily. Taking a break from my CAP stuff. Next weekend we have the Wing Volleyball Tournament and Lock In. Looks like 20 teams from different squadron's from around the state. Volleyball starts at 900am until the lock In starts at 6pm Saturday and goes until 6am on Sunday. I will do what I can to get photos to post.

I have been arranging times and days to make pick up of donations for the food Service. One vendor never replied to our request, so I now have to find a place to donate on short notice, chips, snacks, and fruit. Worse case will be having to buy the items we need from a food service company and have them bill the squadron or go to Sam's club and buy what we need. That alone is not as easy as you think. While our squadron is well funded, control of the funds is out of our hands and is controlled by Wing Finance. Why?? I can see you asking?? well some folks in the past and used money for non CAP uses. I'm talking other squadrons in the Wing, Region, or Nation wide. Someone has to pay out of their pocket and then wait for Wing to cut a check for reimbursement.

I also have been working on updating a Cadet Handbook. We have cadets that still don't have any uniforms as they don't contact me or others to get what they need if we have their sizes on hand. They get free AF style Blues from the AF/DOD, its the woodland camo BDU's that they need 3 weeks out of the month and will need this summer when they have encampment for a week in Aug. that they are missing.

Our weather here is a regular roller coaster ride. Warms up some then cools down. They keep saying snow on Tuesday but no one seems to be able to set an amount, and that is never good. With the lack of snow cover so far this winter, the farmers will get planting done early, or it will stay cold longer, with a hot summer. One two folks know for sure, God and Mother Nature. It also depends on how pissed they are at the world. LOL I know that with spring its going to be hell to pay with all the snow melting, and flooding.

Well my friends at it for now. I need to run and check out your blogs and see what's happening with y'all.

Stay Safe, Warm, and Vigilant..................Rob

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

No rest for the weary, it seems.

Rob said...

Padre, You know what "NAVY" stands for ???
Never
Again
Volunteer
Yourself

I am trying to make good with the squadron as I'm only 6 moths in. I have offered to help with other things only to be told no, i don't want you to overload yourself. This is a more over load then updating a handbook

Vicki said...

Don't spread yourself too thin, my friend. Take a bit of time to smell the roses, or maybe the coffee, considering that no self respecting rose would show itself in this miserable cold weather! :)

PioneerPreppy said...

So do they have to buy their own camo BDU's?