Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Giant Blueberry


Giant Blueberry ?? Naw, just me in my Blue BDU's. Due to weight restrictions I can not wear Air Force style uniforms. If you are outside of the weight guidelines, OK too fat, the AF would prefer you not wear their uniforms. Nothing worse then seeing fat er "fluffy" folks in uniform.

I had to buy these Dark Navy BDU. last night was the first time wearing these. I was to attend a training weekend two weeks ago, but I needed to stay home due to high blood sugar readings. If I needed to be admitted better at home then elsewhere. 

 I do have one question to those who served in the military...What's with all the buttons?? First time I had button fly pants.  Every pocket has two buttons. Never be in a hurry to use your pockets.

Last nights meeting was part one of two part First Aid/CPR class. Turns out the DVD used was seen by my boys a year ago when they took the same class at work. The class was taught by one of the Airport Firefighter who was donating his time to teach us.

The farmers are busy out planting, and tending to their fields. We have cold weather again, some snow north of us but nothing to plow. Some day summer will return. LOL.

I must apologize for not reading many posts on your blogs. I seem to run out of time every day to get things done. I hope all is well with everyone.

Stay safe and warm....Have a great week all...........Rob

8 comments:

kymber said...

i think yer lookin' pretty spiffy in your BDU's Rob, buddy! and it's nice to hear from you! this time of year everyone is busy and i notice that people drop off in their posting right around springtime...at least i know that i do - bahahahah! sending much love your way!

your friend,
kymber

Rob said...

On second thought, I look more like Disney's Goofy, I just need Donald Duck in is sailor suite to go along with me. bahahaha

Vicki said...

Well, I think you look pretty darned good in your new duds. Giant blueberry - not so much! Hope you are feeling better, my friend. No fun being under the weather.

Rob said...

thanks Vicki, My blood sugar has always been a battle. i would have to drop all bread, and rice, just a meat and cheese, veggie diet. When your stubborn its hard.

Vicki said...

I know all about stubborn. I was told that the problems I had with my legs over the winter could have killed me if I had stayed stubborn and hadn't had it attended to. Your stubborn could have disastrous results too, but I'm sure you know that. The things is, my friend, we both need to toss away some of the stubborn and take better care of ourselves. If we don't, neither of us will live long enough to become a giant problem to our children. And that is my goal! :)

hobo said...

You look quite dapper in your blues! Been busy here, too. Hope you are feeling better, Rob.
~hobo

Rob said...

I know, sometimes making a change is hard. My goal is to outlive my mom and grandpa who both died of heat attacks, They both passed at 60.

Rob said...

thanks Hobo. I think I look goofy, but I do what I can. Like I said it was the first time wearing it. I need to make some adjustments to it. We now have two of us who wear the blue suite. everyone else wears the woodland camo. There was talk of changing to what the AF wears, but national passed on the idea. Any uniform beats the old pickle suite of years past.