Friday, July 10, 2015

Triple D's

No I am not talking about a bra size, but hey made you stop to read this. I am talking about diabetes  depression and death of a family member, not any of my kids or wife.

My diabetes remains wild to say the lest, but that's my own fault. I have cut back on the bad foods, but I also have not been giving myself the long term insulin shots I need to take twice a day. Why?? mostly when I need to take it I'm not at home Of course my A1C has risen. I saw my Dr as they have they told me I needed to have my A1C checked. If I don't get it down my Dr says I will have to go on insulin after or before every meal. I don't like shots to say the lest. Some days I have missed a second dose of pills too. I know need to get it togethr.

This then has lead to my depression kicking into over drive. All I want to do is sleep. My family can read my body language like a book. part of the issue is with my blood sugar being high its doesn't help. I start thinking about my disability and the fact i can't work anymore. Having to be so tight with my money, it screams like a goat when I open my wallet. It has also affected my work in CAP. I have needed to get a supply order placed and I have put it off. I have a series of comm tests to finish and get started on a 3 part test so I can advance in grade. Not all as been put off. I did go to a 2 day leadership class and helped with flightline duties at the squadron fly in breakfast and fundraiser.

On top of all this my youngest daughter had her dance recital, joined the marching band color guard and was in a bunch of parades in June. That is over now expect for two small local parades. Then we had the phone call we had been waiting for the last 3 years, and the reason we moved back to MN. My Mother in law took a turn for the worse, and we tried to spend time with her . My wife's mom passed away on June 20th. It became a rush of things for us. Getting my oldest son up from Florida, the memorial service and the interment at Ft. Snelling National Cemetery  my MIL was 86, my FIL is 89. he has told us many times that he is ready to pass on. Well that sends the tears down many faces. At the memorial service my FIL told my MIL I will see you soon, and kissed her.  By the time my oldest son had to return to Fla, we all had cried ourselves out. Oh my FIL was in the Navy at the end of WW2.

It was a reunion of shorts I saw my BIL/SIL for the first time in 17 years, my other BIL/SIL in 3 years, and my oldest son in 18 months. My wife said her mom always knew how to get the family together. My wife is having a hard time dealing with her mom's passing, she says she is fine but has a shorter fuse it seems like. I'm glad we have Sam our grandson, he has helped my wife get over the rough spots as we all do. We know sometimes soon we will be atteding another funral, but pray its several months down the road yet.

Well my friends and fellow bloggers that is why I have been silent for a few weeks. Trying to get back into the saddle as they say.

Remain Vigilant so many others want to bring down this country, both foreign and domestic. remember our heritage, as they want to take that away too.

.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck. Remember the best defense is always a good offense. Lost my wife to diabetes in 2014, and since then both of my diabetic daughters have been on top of their conditions. Once they formalized their routines everything else became second nature and both of their A1C's have been dropping since. Don't forget exercise, even small amounts are cumulative in their effects and fight both diabetes and depression.Johnny Gee.

Vicki said...

Check your email.

Mike Yukon said...

Check your e-mail....

Rev. Paul said...

+1 to what Johnny Gee said.

Rob said...

Thanks everyone for the kind words and emails. its a hard battle but I entend to win. My lowest reading today was 145 only 25 points higher then the Dr wants.

skybill said...

Hi Rob,
Fortunately no diabetes here......yet?? last Blood work all good ....but ....just "keep on Truckin'!!" Lost my wife to pancreatic CA. back in '10. She was diabetic way longer than the 13 years we were together. The "Grief" is still there but ya' have to keep putin' one foot in front of the other.
"Grief........."
Grief never ends......But it changes. It's a passage, not a place to stay. Grief is not a sign of weakness, nor a lack of faith.....It's the price of "Love."
-unknown-

Blue skies buddy,
III%,
skybill-out