Sunday, July 24, 2016

Still Around

Sorry for the lack of posts. Much going on here in the big woods. The heat was rough last week. I told folks if you wonder what its like living in Florida this time of year, just walk outside. We moved back home to get away from the heat. The farmers crops have really taken off. Some farmers are harvesting their wheat already. Fields of corn are getting detasseled. I had to look that one up.

Yep city folks living in the country, don't have a clue. LOL. My youngest daughter went on a trip to Michigan with the marching band and made memories to last a life time. She also is a candidate for the Corn Carnival Royalty, she has been busy with all of that. Plus she is now working PT at the market in the bakery.  Kids / young adults who stay busy, stay out of trouble. I thought I was retired, but just as busy as if I was working.

The wife and I went to a wedding of a nephew and his new wife. it was so nice to see young couples with their heads on straight getting married. A niece in VA. was married yesterday too. My wife and I are coming up on 30 years together. Its no longer love but stubbornness to see who out lives the other...LOL. i do love my wife, but sometimes.....

My thoughts have stated to drift to fall and winter preps. I have several projects I need to work on, but saving money and buying supplies as slowed it down a little. i want to remodel the pantry and build a storage cabinet for food storage, pots/ pans. another project is painting the whole inside of the house. It was just primered walls when we moved in. the window above the kitchen sink as leaked so that in turn as caused troubles. i will have to reseal the outside this week, and half of the counter will have to be replaced as its made of pressed wood, and its like a sponge and now is falling apart.

My health has been good, blood glucose is still a see saw battle. Two weeks ago it was 343, yes I did end up in the ER, but its under control again. My Dr added another anti depressant. She has to do that every year change it up a little. I may change Drs in the next few weeks to see if I can transition to feeling better about myself. Changing Dr is not my idea, but the insurance I have has been paying to see this Dr out of network, or some BS thing. I did drop Walmart as my pharmacy of record. The local one does take my Humana coverage. So know more 30 mi round trips for drugs. Still try to do all my errands at the same time. Major shopping at WM only twice a month vs weekly.

Well my friends, that all for now. Until next time. Stay Safe.....Rob

.



1 comment:

Vicki said...

Sounds like you are staying busy. Turns out retirement isn't all lounging by the pool with a drink that has a little umbrella in it. :) At least what we do now is for ourselves and our family rather than for some boss. I think I like it better this way.