Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My New Diet

I started a new diet, its called the stress diet. I'm so stressed right now, I am sick to my stomach. I hope I can keep dinner down. SO why am I stressed????

1. Father In Law is not getting any better, Wife is stressed, so am I..
2. Oldest son in Florida is having to move this weekend, as Matthew approaches....
3. Why is oldest moving well he is just not making enough money in Florida to support himself...
4. His roommate moved out last weekend when my son was at work....They are behind is rent.
5. He could only find a place to live cheaper or rent free 1 hr north of orlando
6. He has no car anymore he couldn't afford it...
7. So he has to quit is job, and find something new again....

8. Second oldest son lost his job here in MN, but has a new job already....Good news for us
9. The high school is hinting that my youngest daughter may not have enough credits to grad from school.....She's busting balls and helps out with extra duties, like student council, swim team manger etc...No credits given, but she is a fighter...and she is Community Royalty too.. Oh guidance consular has told her not to apply at any colleges.....( NOT SITTING WELL with me)

10 Wife has some lumps on her legs, so next week a Dr is going to remove them, two in each leg. Not serious.....good news.
11. I renewed my membership in CAP for another year. I now have the newest CAP uniform,USAF ABU's  which I can't wear as I'm just a little over weight....No worries....
12. My van needs around $1,500 in repairs, which I have no money for....stressed about.

SO that's what's going on with me. Stressed? Yes? Depressed...Not yet.  Good meds, and a deep faith in my CEO up stairs. We talk often. He has shown me the way through our ups and downs the last 30 years together, wife and I.  Oh my oldest son doesn't have the money to move back home to MN. or car. But while I'm stressed not worried much. I think I said that already. So any of my blog friends who pray please add me and my family to your prayers...Thank you. I hope all is well with you.

Stay Safe My Friends.......

PS we made butter with our new bread machine, have not tried it yet.....

.

12 comments:

hobo said...

Done - prayers as I type. I'm so sorry, Rob.
Hang in there, my friend.
~hobo

Vicki said...

Ongoing prayers, my friend. As hobo said, hang in there.

Rob said...

Thank you ladies. It means alot to me

JaneofVirginia said...

I am praying that son leaves Florida and moves back to MN. In troubled times it's almost always best to be near family. I am also praying for support for you and your family through all these challenges. I hear you, and navigate all the stressors for which we have limited power also. Great to hear you are still with CAP. We left it years ago when we moved farther from the local airport.

Rev. Paul said...

What they said. Prayers headed your way.

PioneerPreppy said...

wow that's some tough breaks.

Hope everything works out.

Mike Yukon said...

We do have you and your family in our prayers. Also hope they all can find work so they can continue with their lives.

Your situation like many others today is the result of an Anti-American congress and until we can hang all of them the country will not get better.

I have been aware of situations like yours and began months ago drafting an article addressing it. I’m 70 yo and grew up with parents, aunts and uncles who lived through the ‘great depression’ many of their children lived at home. They converted the basement into a living space or many converted the garage into very nice apartment/living quarters. Yes, it was a small space but the family stayed together and supported each other. I personally think it would be great to have Sunday lunch or dinner every week with all the kids. That builds strong families and the only way we as patriots can save our country.

Maybe if you have a lot large enough you could think about building a couple garages for the kids living space?

Be strong,
Mike

Rob said...

Thanks Padre...

Rob said...

The tough times of my son are because he wanted to stay in Florida. He had the chance to come home when we did, but chose to stay behind. The problems my youngest is having is due to school in Florida. A great place to visit but not to live. A cousin moved there and returned in less then a year. A girl we know moved down there, she also return after less then a year.

Rob said...

Thanks Mike. We are in a mobile home. Its tight, but workable. My oldest knows he is welcome home anytime. I tell him We are Motel 6 and I'll leave a light on...:) I have always wanted to get land a build something. Even if its two big sheds from Menards/Home Depot/Lowes I know a guy who bought some land for $5K, but for us its a little too far north at this time.

I promised my youngest no moving again until After she was done with high school. So next June all beats are off. Our mobile home is rent to own, but I will walk away If I have to, as its too old to move. We are a little over half way in buying it. I could buy land for what we owe on this less then 5K. maybe even 3K

Mike Yukon said...

Maybe this is a good time to call a family meeting and discuss creating a family compound? An acre of land could serve all of you including a garden. Just a thought, rather than everyone going it on their own become a real family that others would be jealous of!

Rob said...

Mike my oldest in down in Florida ridding out his first major storm since we moved down and back. My next oldest son, wants to be away from family and do is own thing. My oldest daughter is living with us and we are helping with our garnd son. She can't find anyone to hire her. My youngest son still lives at home and helps us as much as he can. My youngest daughter is still in high school and is a senior this year.

I wasted to much money chasing our dream of living in Florida. Of the the choices my wife and I have made in 30 years together living in Florida for 6 years was bad. I could have bought land and built us a bunker.