Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Frozen......MN Style

Wind Chill Advisory, Winter Storm Watch
Issued: 12:11 PM CST Dec. 14, 2016 – National Weather Service
... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 9 PM this evening
to 9 am CST Thursday... 
... Winter Storm Watch remains in effect from Friday afternoon
through Saturday morning... 

* expect wind chills to range from near 25 below zero to 30 
  below zero between 9 PM this evening and 9 am Thursday... with 
  the coldest wind chills occurring around 6 am Thursday. 

* The cold wind chills will cause frostbite in as little as 30 
  minutes to exposed skin. 

During the Winter Storm Watch... 

* snow is possible from Friday afternoon through Saturday 
  morning. 

* Total snow accumulations of 5 to 8 inches are possible.

* Winds gusting as high as 30 mph could cause patchy blowing and 
  drifting snow. 

* Plan on difficult driving conditions... including during the 
  evening commute on Friday. 

I'm staying inside as much as possible. 
 
Stay Safe, Warm, and Alert. the Leftists are still playing games,
and its only going to get worse the closer we get to 20 January 2017. 
 


Update 530pm 6 to 12 inches of snow now forecasted. I say 12" for sure.
 
. 

8 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Sounds like our Alaska weather finally reached you. Sorry 'bout that.

Rob said...

No worries padre, its sinking farther south then us so its ok to share...LOL. I upgraded my socks from one pair to two, and my coffee mug to 20 oz for the duration. I also shifted from pre filled k cups to reusable k cups filled from a coffee can. Why pay $30 for 96 k cups when I can get two cans coffee, large non dairy creamer can, and non cal sweeter for the same price.....

hobo said...

And the locals here were all excited about the 'big storm'. We had 5" yesterday and have no idea what we got over night. Stay safe & warm! And get WOOL socks. Mostly wool with a bit of nylon to keep them from wearing out.

How are the bakers doing with their bread machine? Good day to make some soup with a nice loaf of bread! :-)

Vicki said...

Yep. Dug the flannels out from the back of the closet - the oversized coffee mug is now in use - not leaving the house unless forced to! Brrrrr!

Rob said...

I spend more time wrapped up then doing anything else. The bread machine is good, a bit noisy squeaks when mixing at one point. Don't know if I can spray wd 40 on the outside bottom.

Rob said...

It was rough yesterday, had to run to Buffalo for the Dr. The WC was bitter. Cleaned the coffee maker today its going to be working OT. I keep the heat around 65 degrees.

Jacked Up Glock Mom said...

I am the heat nazi in my house....people here don't realize we have to eventually pay for it.. They say they are cold..I tell them to put on a jacket..lol

Rob said...

My wife gets cold and she is in a small room, she turns the heat up, the kids get overly hot. I'm out in the LR and Kitchen largest area of the house and I'm comfortable. I have to keep turning the heat down when everyone is home. later today When Scott is at work and Sammy is not napping I'll bump it up to like 67. Our home is drafty. But the inside windows are covered. Next year I will place heavy plastic and wood over the windows outside