Saturday, February 25, 2017

Thank You

To everyone who has posted kind words and prayers thank you. The last week was a blur, seems like my oldest son just arrived and today he is back in Florida. The bad thing about funeral are the reunions. I saw one of my brother in laws for the first time in 18 years.

The burial was full military honors. I still get a chill just thinking about it. My brother in law Steve was presented the flag, a 3 spent shells representing the 21 gun salute. We are getting back into our normal routine again.

We dodge a bullet on a foot of snow, we have none, just brown and green grass. All the shade snow and ice is just about gone. I'm waiting for the state to say we are in a drought and due to lack of snow, and/or brush fire warnings.

So far 2017 has been the year of changes, new leadership in Washington, my FIL passed ending his suffering. looks like my oldest son may move back to MN from Florida after all. I have been praying for his return the last for years. More changes are in the works, and I pray the changes will be for the better.

Stay Safe My Friends...Rob

8 comments:

Irish said...

My condolences to you and family Rob.

Vicki said...

Glad to hear that your son in Florida may move back home. It is good when family is close. That's what keeps me here - family.

Rob said...

Thanks Irish, means alot.

Rob said...

You can take a Minnesotan away for home, but we always seem to come back home to Minnesota

Rev. Paul said...

Our condolences and prayers, sent your way.

Rob said...

thanks Padre....

hobo said...

Rob, you & the family have been in my thoughts and prayers. I've been praying for that oldest boy to return home, too. I think it is well past time we circle the wagons.

God bless you all!
your friend, hobo

Rob said...

Hobo my oldest has decided to return home to MN. I think losing his grandparents in less then 2 years, may have been part of it. Plus I think a close friend he saw while he was home may have helped in arm twisting, and the fact that Sammy has grown so fat the last 3 years....What ever the reason, we will happily take this change