Friday, January 19, 2018

Snow Storm Update, And Some Ramblings...

Yes, we are getting snow this weekend. BUT they still can not pin point the storm amounts. That goes are up and down, just like the Left's view of Trump and America.

Our over all plan has not changed. Gas up tonight, picking more bread, and any other last minute items. Bread is the only thing we don't have for long term storage item. We buy the cheapest bread at Walmart, but even after two days it feels dried out. We have a bread maker, it needs some TLC. Found it at Goodwill.

I can buy a 10 lb bag of bread flour, plus yeast. Time to price both, give that bread maker a once over. We are ahead on some dry goods, and meat. I will pick up more next month. I'm still trying to get help with my medical premium every month. It sets me back $125.00 a month. When your on a fixed income you try and squeeze every penny you can. I get help with just about everything I can. Winter heat coats, medical, food. I don't like getting up, makes me depressed. I have always worked hard. But due to health issues, physically, and mentally it gets rough.

I joined CAP to give back to my community and to do my part for our country. I have not been to CAP since Mid Oct. Trying to get back into the swing of things.

Well I am closing this post. Stay Vigilant, Safe, and Warm. Spring is near. One of our local stores has seeds out. A sure sign of things to come.

Rob

.

6 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Keep applying for all the help you can; you've WORKED for it. As soon as my wife started drawing her SS, we were $12 a month too "rich" to get any kind of help except for two of my meds.

kymber said...

yes to what Mr. Smythe said! apply for everything that you are entitled to! as for storms and snow and cold - holy moly this has been a crazy year. we are getting snow warnings that say between 5 inches and 25 inches???? wha??? can you not give us a bit more of a closer total? and then we don't even get any snow. then they call for rain and we dumped on by a foot of snow.

but i am glad to say that your last sentence made me smile....the seeds are out....spring's not too far off now!

sending love to all of you - stay safe and warm! your friend,
kymber

Suz said...

Ok, so I am glad we live on the east side of Lake Michigan. We are supposed to have a warm (upper 40's) Sat, some drizzle later on Sun, and rain (lots) on Monday.

It was very nice here today (38) but breezy, so I worked inside today. Am clearing out the office/junk room. (The "just-put-it-here-for-now syndrome is the bane of my existence). Work has been slow, the marketing folks must have taken time off for the holidays, or else everyone is sick with the flu and not yet ready to come out of the hospital. So I am doing "chores" around the house that do not require spending $$. Not much fun, but needs to get done.

Be careful with shoveling! And homemade bread is the best. A niece gave us a bread machine that she found in a thrift store, and it works just great. I had worn out two others when I lived in NY. Bread (and other stuff) is so cheap here, I quit making it. Good luck with getting yours up and running.

Rob said...

The system is broken that's for sure. I have my medical savings app today, it will be mailed back on Monday

Rob said...

Thanks kymber, I will post some photos of the kids, and Sam. He is just s big kid now. We have been so blessed with him.

Rob said...

Suz, Thanks for stopping by. I understand the flu is getting real bad. My wife, daughters, and grandson had the shot. I was asked twice if I wanted it. Pass. I worked at MSP Airport around international flights during the winter never had one then why now. They still are not sure. Depends on storm track