Friday, August 17, 2018

Serenity Prayer

Full Version (composed in 1940s)

God grant me the serenity
To accept the things I cannot change;
Courage to change the things I can;
And wisdom to know the difference.
Living one day at a time;
Enjoying one moment at a time;
Accepting hardships as the pathway to peace;
Taking, as He did, this sinful world
As it is, not as I would have it;
Trusting that He will make all things right
If I surrender to His Will;
So that I may be reasonably happy in this life
And supremely happy with Him
Forever and ever in the next.
Amen.

Don't know why this came to me tonight. Maybe because I have a lot on my mind lately. My wife had surgery on her left hand two weeks ago. Trigger finger the Dr called it  Stitches came out today. She is healing well. No P.T needed.

My biggest stress right now is paperwork or lack of. to show ownership of our home.The listed owner at the county is not the people who own the park we live in. So far know one knows what happened to the title that was signed over at the time this place was bought by the park owners.  I fear a knock at the door, with some idiot and a Deputy saying I have papers for my home...GET OUT.  Yes I have lost sleep on this. More then I should. I know I'm losing weight. Stress diet. my stomach has been in a knot going on two weeks...

You think its all in my head, well its is. My stress level has gotten so high, I now have the shakes in my right hand, much like I did in Florida the night I was put in the hospital for a mental break down.

I pray things work out for the better. Stay Safe everyone.

Rob

11 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

Said a prayer for your situation and that you'd be able to turn your worries over to the Lord (hard to do)

Rob said...

Thanks Gorges. Its the stress of not knowing an outcome. I have paid every month for over 4 years. While its not a house, it is our home.

Mike Yukon said...

All you can do at this point is take one step at a time. I'm sure the state has a copy of the title, check with them first then maybe you can track the owner/holder down.

Rob said...

Mike I know who the owner was. The property is still in her name. I checked county property tax web site. I will give the caretakers a written notice to present the signed title to me within 14 days. I can contact the gal who's name its in, tell her to meet me at the courthouse to sign over the tittle, and at the same time pay off back property taxes. I could also send her a list of repairs she needs to do to the house. That would include all new windows and a new furnace. I know I'm making it a bigger stress deal than I should but for the first time ever I want my property, (HOME) Do you eant to put money in something who have not owned in over 5 years.

Peteforester said...

If you're going to pray the serenity prayer, have faith that it's been heard. Do what you can, and leave the rest up to God. There's always that "How far should I go before leaving it to God?" question we all ask ourselves. If you've done all you feel you can physically/legally, and you're still stressing out and losing sleep, you've passed that point...

Rob said...

Pete, I did start feeling better last night. I said the prayer over and over, plus a talk with god. Sounds strange but I felt different like a wave flowed over me. I don't attend church due to too many Hippocrates, but I do believe in God, and the directions he gives to me. I regularly ask for his forgiveness..

Peteforester said...

Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, rejoice. 5 Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; 6 do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. 7 And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Phil 4:4-7

It is like a wave, Rob. Surrender to the Holy Spirit. It's this easy; ask for it!

Rob said...

Many times during uncertainty, I have talked with God, to calm myself. I was looking at a map of our area when looking for housing. He first sent us to Howard Lake. It didn't work out. Again I talked with him felt Cokato. That is our location finally. My oldest son now works for the Howard Lake PD. Only 5 miles down the road. I know things will work out. So far today I have not had much hand trembling. I also feel the watching of Guardian Angeles. My grandparents and my mother. When we visit graves I always thank god and my grandparents for guidance. And ask if I have done a good job of raising our kids and grandson. I feel peace.

chloe said...

You make judgments about Black and Muslims and lefties , but you seem not to be able to know if your Camping home is on your land. And you believe in a faire tale called god too funny.

Rob said...

What can I say, I'm white and a racist. I was a NAZI in my other life. I think Adolf was a great man, and what the Fatherland needed at the time.

chloe said...

Under the nazis you would have been exterminated as a mentally limited person and in my country for what you wrote down you would go to prison. BTW pigs are highly intelligent animals, so if you call me a leftie pig no problem. Enjoy you're white trash life.