Monday, August 13, 2018

The End Is Near.....

Not the end of the world. Well not right now. I'm talking about the end of summer. More and more schools are back for the 2018/19 school year.  County Fairs are in full swing. 10 days until the MINNESOTA STATE FAIR starts. Most schools here in MN return on Sept 4th. Day after Labor Day.

Our Corn Festival starts today, with a parade this afternoon, and the Crowning of the Festival queen tomorrow. My youngest Daughter was a Princess two years ago. Well to be honest both my girls are Princess. My wife da Queen. The Corn Festival is to celebrate the start of the sweet corn harvest. They are giving everyone free corn on the cob. Oh folks going nuts. Bring all sorts of large pans and fill up. Who eats 20 or more ears of corn? Greed at its finest.

They have carnival rides singing groups a real party. Two years ago after my daughter was crowned, we had some really heavy down pours come through. All the activities cancelled on that Thursday, because of flooding, and standing water. So much standing water the fear was electrical shock, if the power was turned on for the rides.

I tired to do a screen shot from the web page, but I goofed someplace and it did not turn out.

This is my daughter Hannah from two years ago. She will now and forever be considered "Royalty"
my wife will be know as a Royal Mom. they both have pins to wear. I have a polo shirt that says Royal parent, buts its white. So I pass on wearning it. LOL

Well thats it for now. The humidity is running high, so will the sweat running down my back

tay Safe.....Rob

6 comments:

Vicki said...

Such a pretty daughter you have. Royalty for sure!! Summer is nearly over, isn't it. Don't think I will dig out the red flannels just yet, though!

hobo said...

She is such a lovely young woman! :-) Be proud, Dad, and wear your shirt.... just don't eat spaghetti, chili..... ;^)

I'm tired of summer, but I sure ain't ready for fall! I'd settle for something in between, though.

Rob said...

Thanks Vicki, of my two girls, she my favorite. Of the five kids she is too. I'm ready for the fall temps, but not that funky white stuff and those temps. We saw 2 trucks loaded to almost over flowing with corn last night in Hutchinson. Had to take my youngest son to work at 8:30 pm Harvest is underway.

Rob said...

Thanks Hobo. My wife has my polo shirt put away for life. Sealed up and in storage. Fall is the best time of year, cooler temps all around. Stay Safe out west.

chloe said...

Your daughter should survey her weight. In some years she will have diabetes.

Rob said...

Again Its don't matter what you say. You LEFTEST PIG.