Thursday, January 24, 2019

Dreaming Of The Hot Days Of Summer.

We long for those hot summer days and nights. The ones when sweat runs down the areas of the body that only get wet in the bath, shower, or swimming. I for one will not complain about the heat of summer. I learned living in Florida that MN is like Arizona, Its a dry heat. This is rumored to be our coldest temps of winter so far.

 
Wind Chill Advisory
Issued: 8:14 AM Jan. 24, 2019 – National Weather Service
...WIND CHILL ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 9 AM CST FRIDAY...

* WHAT...Very cold wind chills expected. Wind chills as low as
35 below zero expected.

* WHERE...Morrison, Mille Lacs, Benton, Sherburne and Wright
Counties.

* WHEN...Until 9 AM CST Friday.

* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The dangerously cold wind chills could
cause frostbite on exposed skin in as little as 10 minutes.

PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS...

A Wind Chill Advisory means that cold air and the wind will
combine to create low wind chills. Frostbite and hypothermia can
occur if precautions are not taken. Make sure you wear a hat and
gloves.
 
This is why we prep in Mn for the winter. Who wants to go outside 
if you don't have too.
 
If you never hear from me again, its because I'm frozen until 
the hottest days of summer 2019....
 
Rob 

8 comments:

Gorges Smythe said...

I'm equal opportunity; I growl about the weather all year 'round. - lol

Rob said...

I complain more in the winter and the cold temps

Tewshooz said...

I want summer NOW!

Rob said...

Next week its going to get even colder....

Mike Yukon said...

I guess it will be a while before you breakout the flip-flops! :-)

Rob said...

Right. I'm about to start wearing 2 pairs of sox indoors.

Mike Yukon said...

Wow, I just seen the polar air flow forecast and you are in the middle of it. It's going to be severely cold for you and others in the Midwest. Maybe it would be wise to prepare to be without electricity.

Rob said...

Yep, we have plenty of blankets at the ready. Battery packs charged. Everyone has been briefed as far as leaving water dripping at all the sinks. Starting cars every few hours etc. Water jugs filled and at the ready. Several large pots will be filled too.
Not only here but I texted my youngest daughter instructions too.