Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Reading..............

In no other time in my life since I was in school XX number of years ago. Lets not age our self shall we. I  may have stated winter is now shifting into colder temps, but snow is lacking. Oh well too bad. You can clue the global warming warning. I think even California is getting rain and snow. Lord knows they need it.

Another caravan of illegals is coming up here again to the U.S. Even Mexico is saying stay home. Grow some coconuts and start a revolt, kick out your liberal law makers. why come here.?? Our hands are full with our own kool aid drinkers.

Anyway back to what I've been doing reading, reading, and more reading. Why so much?? well I'm moving up or over or what ever you call it in CAP. I've been Supply Officer for the last 4 years or so. The opportunity came up to jump over to cadet programs..Leadership Education Officer. My job is to instruct the new cadets and current cadets about leadership. Something lacking in D.C lately. My Superior was amazed that I was reading the same books that I will be using to teach the cadets. My reply to him was to teach a cadet you must think like a cadet.

So now I act like an adult, and then at times I must think like a 12 yr old. Why 12, ?? That is the youngest a child can join CAP. We have a cadet who just joined that has had to wait until his 12th birthday to join. Like 3 months. The higher up told him he was welcome to attend weekly, but he had to be 12 to join.

I have a list of some 16 books/manuals or what ever you may want to call it to read.. Some are short 20 pages, some are long. Our uniform manual alone is 152. Drill manual is around the same. All these books can be bought online now days or its aviable to download and print off. Lets just say I have a book shelf full of manuals.

Well like they say, its been fun, but not real fun. Back to reading. I guess you can still teach an old dog new tricks. Even if it means rereading again and again

Stay Alert.....Rob


4 comments:

hobo said...

Good for you! And the cadets will have a greater respect that you've read the material, know the material and used the material they are to be taught.... unlike the 'teachers' they've had in their lifetimes. You're a good role model. :-)

Rev. Paul said...

One dictum among teachers is that the fastest way to learn anything is to teach it. But, as you point out, you must first know the material. Bravo Zulu, sir.

Rob said...

I'm still puzzled that one of my "superior" officer, who is a by the book kind of person, was surprised that I was reading the cadet books. Maybe that is why our schools are so screwed up?? The teachers don't know what they are doing

Rob said...

To me its no different then any new member of our military going to boot camp. Don't you think the D.I'S have material to read?? I am but a small part of the bigger picture. Get the cadets interested in something that they can learn and build off of. Get them up in a plane, get bit by the aviation bug, learn to fly if that's what they want to do, and you can have a great career out of it.