Thursday, October 10, 2019

Its Back

Our first major storm of winter 2019/20 is just over the horizon. Of course total amounts and where it will fall are all over the place location wise. My son in Toronto said I hear your going to get dumped on..Ah no...Youngest daughter says same thing, she lives 10 miles from us.. Ah no...How do I know. Simple observation...The temp here in the Twin Cities Metro area was 70, give or take . Ground is very warm still. We will see rain and a little mixture, of that "Stuff"

Now northwest MN, and North Dakota are going to get dumped on. I saw my Dr on Monday. She was talking about it too.  As normal here and all across this great land, what is SAID and what is HEARD is very different. Well then that is the problem. Do you mature folks remember the kids game telephone. You put a number of kids in a line. make a statement like the MN Twins are a great baseball team. by the time that message gets to little antsy Nancy at the end what she says is something like, his dead grandma is going to have twins...

Sound about right. You make a statement to the world, about how bad this winter storm will be. and by the time its gets through the liberal press, its come back that Nancy Polisi is a great American and Donald Trump is an idiot.

Well thats about it. Yes winter will return. Things have been very stressful around our place. Tuesday our youngest son Scott shipped off to basic training. He had to report to his home unit at 8am, plane did not leave MN until 315pm. He arrived at Ft Benning at around 1 am. Way too much time for a 25 year old to second guess his choices. When Scott got to his unit, he was a total basket case. Someone took one look at him and he had to sit down he was so pale, and shaking badly. He recovered. My whole family has been worried about him. Everyone has been crying from me, my wife, all of our adult kids to even some of Scott friends. Why ?? who knows. For me Ive had so much stressed built up it finally broke free. Scott told me only two recruits from MN Army Guard shipped out. He went to Atlanta, and other St Louis.

Well thats about it. My stress level is still high, but getting better. I still feel like i've been kicked in the stomach. like I said lots of stress. Going on day 3 of stress headaches. How high has my stress been??? I have a major case of I don't give a crap about anything outside my family (wife & kids) Listening to music seems to help, watching some prep videos and not much of anything else.

Post anagin soon. After the big bad winter storm passes through.

Rob

4 comments:

Tewshooz said...

At 25 years he is a man and will do just fine. You raised him right.

Rob said...

He is my youngest son. We are very close. my little buddy. He has never been to too many places on his own. Don't get me wrong I'm very proud of him. He has bigger coconuts then myself or his two brothers when it comes to doing these things. I wanted to go into the AF, but due to low testing results I never pushed myself. Nor have his older brothers push themselves.

hobo said...

All will be well, have faith, my friend. Lifting you all up in prayer.
~hobo

Rob said...

Thanks Hobo. I'm feeling less stress as far as my son goes. Too many changes in the last 6 weeks. Oldest son went to Toronto to help start a food truck, well now that's on hold. I don't know That was Sept 1st. Now Scott. some minor issues too. My poor grandson is stressed he is an only child and looks up to his uncles. 2 are not around. Tonight my other two kids are stopping by for dinner and taking my GS for the night. My youngest daughter said she needs time with him. Gives my oldest daughter a break, plus the wife and I too.