Tuesday, May 22, 2018

Reflections And Paying Respects

Sunday was a family day for us. My wife, myself, 4 of our 5 kids, plus GS, It was fun to be together. We took a road trip and stopped at two cemeteries to pay respects to my grandparents, my wife's grandmother, and to my wife parents and her grandparents on her dads side. So that was 7 people at two cemeteries.

Afterwards we stopped at Mall Of America for a lunch of NY Pizzas. A good time was had by all of us. Every time I visit my grandparents I still get misty eyed. I ask them if I have done a good job of raising their great grand kids. Plus I ask for their forgiveness for my mistakes in life.

Here are some photos from Sunday..

Oldest and youngest
Oldest son, he is now a CSO, with HLPD
Youngest


The forecast is for hot weather this up coming holiday weekend. Stay Safe All.

4 comments:

Nadezda said...

Dear Rob!
I'm glad to know you and your family. I've read about you, your plans (beard!), favorite music...
The internet makes people closer, without borders.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Nadezda
Saint Petersburg
https://northern-garden.blogspot.ru

Rob said...

It is nice to meet folks from other countries.

Vicki said...

Time spent with family is the best. It makes for wonderful memories later on.

Rob said...

The best part is I just sit back and watch the kids tease each other.