Tuesday, April 11, 2017

I'm OK

Sorry about the lack of posts. As you know I'm just very busy. All our new appliances are in and working. Still have an issue with a small gas leak on the stove. I think I just need to replace a fitting. The dryer has a small one too. Gas is shut off to both. I turn the gas on to the stove for baking, then turn off. Same with the dryer. I have to move the washer and unconnect all the lines to get to the dryer. Its in the corner of the bathroom. So tomorrow I will tackle the dryer, again.

I can't remember if I told you my friends, that we bought a second car/suv. We now have two Pontiac Montana's. A 2002, and now a 2006. I love the newer Montana. Its from AZ so no rust. The only problem is that its in the shop already. The transmission was replaced before we bought it. Well that tranny went out about 36 hours after we get it. Its covered by a unlimited miles warranty. The car should be back and fixed tomorrow. A pin fell out inside, hit a gear, which then, (gear) exited the tranny, leaving a trail of tranny fluid through town right to my driveway. It also left a hole approx. 4 to 6" in the tranny.

We now have a new bed for the wife. You know what that means when mamma is happy, life is good. I now have two long sections of wood from the old frame sitting on my deck. Both are approx 6 to 7' long. I am thinking what I could do with that wood. One idea is a counter top for the kitchen, or a new desk for myself. I see many hours this summer sanding this wood down to bare grain, to see if it should be restained and coated.

Another idea I have is to buy a brand new section of wood to put in the middle, and maybe stain a different color. We'll see. Well my friends I will close this post. I have decided not to comment on current world events, due to the Troll Patrol. Let me say one thing. I'm very proud right now. Go Navy.

Stay Safe........Rob

.

6 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Sounds like you have your hands full, Rob. Hang in there.

Rob said...

They are full Padre, but my trust is in the hands of god, to keep me grounded, and the family too.

K said...

Glad to see a post from ya!

Rob said...

Thanks K.

hobo said...

Wow! You've been a busy family! But keeps ya out of trouble. ;^) Glad all has been well and getting organized. Take care and it was nice to see you posting again!

Rob said...

I'm lucky if I can post once a week.