Friday, November 24, 2017

Passing Of Another American Hero

It was with great sadness that I learned of the passing of a classmate from my Navy JROTC days in high school. John (Jack) Dickinson held the rank of Cadet LT. After we finished high school Jack enlisted in the U.S. Navy.

Like many of my fellow class mates we lost touch over the years. We reconnected many years ago. I have reconnect with several class mates, most did enlist or where commissioned into military service. To me personally my class mates are true American Heroes. We stood proudly when in uniform, never took a knee because that is not how we where taught respect, and pride in our country.

Jack may we meet again on the Drill Field (We are members of our units rifle drill team) as we did in school, and be proud of who we are, and what we have done in life.

I raise my glass to you sir, an American Hero, and can see you standing proudly before LCDR Roy Johnson USN ret, asking for permission to come aboard sir. Rest In Peace Sir, until we all meet again.


.

No comments: